The Mind altar is the Runecrafting altar used to make Mind runes from Rune or Pure essence. A player requires a Mind talisman, Mind tiara, or a Mind talisman staff to gain access to it, and a Runecrafting level of two to craft the essence into Mind runes. When one of the aforementioned items is used on the mysterious ruins, players will be teleported to a grey chamber containing the altar, with a checkerboard floor and strange patterns on the walls. On the minimap, the altar is shaped like a brain, to coincide with the "mind" label. This is not unlike the case involving the shape of the Body altar, which is that of a heart. If you go to the most eastern point in the altar you will be able to see the edge of the Air altar, implying they are close together on the map.
 Grave with Celtic cross
 The more detailed inside of the mind altar. Note the patterns on the walls.
- Part of the Air altar may be seen from the eastern-most point of the mind altar. More of the air altar may also be seen using the Orb of oculus.
- Previously, if the Mind altar was accessed from the Wilderness, "Goblin Village" would continue to play even after entering the altar. This has since been fixed.
- The altar is in the shape of a brain, hence the name, the mind altar.
- Near the altar is a grave with a Celtic cross on it, not to be (but often is) confused with the Zarosian symbol which instead has the lines crossing diagnoally on the inside of the circle.
- ^ "Map" should be interpreted to mean the plane the game exists on from a technical standpoint, but not the conceptual locations of the alters, which are said to exist in dimensions unique to themselves.